AIT2 - Auditing Windows XP and Vista
This technical, two-day, hands-on seminar is
designed to provide the participants with an in-depth knowledge of the
control aspects of Windows
Participants will learn of the tools and
information sources available within Windows XP as well as the uses to which these might be put.
Windows XP Auditing resources and tools will also be examined.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- To introduce auditors to the danger areas as well as the extensive control opportunities
within the windows XP environment.
- To give auditors hands-on experience in operating in
an XP environment.
- To fully equip auditors to operate in within
Seminar contents will include:
- Background to the Windows NT/2000/XP product family
- The Program manager
- The File manager
- Managing with the control panel
- Sharing data within XP
- Tools for workgroups - eMail and Schedule+
- The Applications Programming Interface
- User management in Windows XP
- Controlling using user accounts and properties
- Use of XP Groups
- Domain trust relationships
- File and directory ownerships and permissions
- The impact of the registry
- Auditing Windows XP
- Tools and Techniques
Who should attend
The seminar is aimed primarily at auditors who
have to audit within a Windows XP environment.
To register, please send us your details on